0

Working with a new Boss

You know how people say new boss new attitude. Malaysia had recently changed a new prime minister and my company had now changed a new boss. Do I like his way of work? NO!!!

I know many readers would advice me to adapt to change but unfortunately his way is too much. Here is a scenario which made me hate him to the max!

I was asked to go East Malaysia to conduct a roadshow starting from 19th June to 26th June. Well I wasn’t even told when they decided to throw me out there until the day they booked my air ticket. So I made some fuss out of it because my wife’s birthday falls on the 25th.

I asked my ex-boss to help me out and he did it immediately but unfortunately he do not have time to follow up for me. When I asked the new boss , he don’t even dare to tell me the result. Then he called me individually to tell me that I will still have to stay in east Malaysia at the above mentioned date. Come on… All I asked for is just to return 2 days earlier.

Their purpose of sending me there is to train up a colleague named H to learn how to conduct a roadshow. I am sure 3 days of showing her how to conduct would be sufficient. Come on H is a working adult. She would have been adult enough to learn in 3 days.

Anyway, after my new boss told me I have to maintain as per scheduled, I told him this “Some things are more important than my job. If you want to force this through, I will resign even if I do not have a job. If you still wants me to go after I resign, I will disappear and pay the indemnity”. So he answered “ This time I will try to get it done for you. But only this time”

The next day, my new boss returned and told me “I would like to propose this way. Since you need to come back 2 days earlier, why don’t you go 2 days earlier”. Then I asked this which made him unable to answer me “ What is your purpose of doing so? Your objective is that you want me to train H. I am sure within 3 days H could catch up with the task. Why go through all the hassle just for this? Since H is there why not she conduct the remaining 2 days roadshow herself?”. Well he remained silent.

Well there are more things that he had done which made me mad but if I blog about it, I am sure all the readers will be bored to death. I think I will stop here

PS: He thinks he will be promoted to my old boss’ level. Let me tell hi now that this is impossible. Yes, the directors might tell him that he will be promoted and this and that but I had already been listening to this for more than 2 years to all I can say is Good Luck lah… I wont support you. I will only do whatever that is asked from me.

0 comments:

Back to Top