0

Will you look for a new business opportunity if given time and money in the current economic situation?

Anyway, this is the first question raised when one of my aunt’s friends called me. Apparently they have a seminar to make more money with your spare time. When I heard about this, I knew immediately that it is an MLM but since it is my aunt’s friend, I thought what the heck just listen and maybe its not that bad

When I got there, it was raining and I met this friend of my aunt. The seminar started with some brainwashing video where they tell you how they link their business with the real estate. They shared information about how much Wal-Mart makes their money and then they link it with real estate stating that would you like a business that you can act as both consumer and the merchant

Everyone knows how the conventional business works. Everyone knew how the manufacturer passes their goods to distributors and goes to market where the consumers buy them. Of course we also knew how these people make money each hand and we also know that the price is many percent higher than manufacturing. Now they cut down the entire middleman and goes straight to the consumers.

Question: What do they call this marketing method? YES DIRECT MARKETING. From my understanding there are 2 ways of direct marketing. It will be either Single level Marketing or Multi Level Marketing. But these people just keep on telling me that they are not MLM company. They are different! Yeah right, Look the money making method is obviously MLM and how can you be different?

Your marketing plan may differ but the structure will always be the same. For god’s sake try checking you company license. It will definitely be licensed under direct selling so how can you be different?

Anyway that’s besides the point. So continuing from where I left off, so they went on describing the Cash flow Quadrant theory by the famous author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad. They say many bullshits which you can easily read it from the book. (I tried reading it but honestly it is very difficult to understand so I gave up.) They continued by telling you how Mr Robert divided businesses into 4 and how important is the System.

Now, it will really sound MLM. They will now sell hot important is the system and how it can generate income. The system shows how you earn money later. It will require you to train (or in other words con) other in the business. The more network you have the better the chance of success. So these people are earning money for you!

So nearing to the end of the seminar, they will now show off about their success. They will now come out one by one and tell you how successful they are, why the start their business and make you believe that you can do the same. After showing off, my aunt’s friend ask me many question which I do not want to answer.

I knew these are all guided questions to make you say yes. They start from something general and goes very very deep and in the end you will have to agree to something. Being a trainer myself and being in the same industry that I am currently working, I knew then they will try to get you a membership. So I showed that I do not have any interest in the business.

I am getting a hard time to say No because I do not want to turn her down directly and I have to say no in a very good manner because she is my elder and at the same time my aunt’s friend. So I tried very hard to stay in good manner so that I don’t disgrace my family name… hahahaha

So then I walked off after saying good night. I knew she wont like it but I have no choice. So in the end I wasted 3 hours of my time which I can nicely use them for my family. I totally regret my action. SAD!

So now does anyone have a very good business which I can earn money and do not have to do anything? If yes please do contact me. I do not want to end up like an insurance agent cursing my friends that they will die anytime just to earn their money but at the same time I NEED MONEY!

0 comments:

Back to Top