0

The increase of “Buang Anak” cases

*** If you will feel offended about the topic, please do not read on***

Have you every wondered why people are willing to conduct such inhumane task such as killing their baby or just let them rot by the streets. These babies are innocent and they have done nothing wrong to deserve such inhumane acts.

As a father, I seriously feel that they are losing the chance of seeing their baby grow. Surely there are times when you feel that they are a nuisance but there are also times where you are glad to have them.

Anyway I had been thinking what are the reasons that caused these parents to do so? Culture? Social pressure? Money? Well you should think of the side effects when you do not conduct safe sex. Regardless what the reasons are, throwing your babies are always not an option.

I am not only against buang anak. I am also against abortion. I knew that recently Malaysia had developed some sites to allow parents to pass their babies to safe hands. Though you might never see your baby again but at least you can ensure that they will be given a second chance to live regardless of what kind of life they might have. This option is always better than losing the chance at all.

I am happy having my baby to disturb my sleep and having my baby to stop me from smoking. Although its irritating but if you think back its kind of sweet when she suddenly run to your shoulders and hug you. When I am down, she sits patiently next to me and patting my head as if I am the baby and she is my mother.

If I had threw her away, I would never have such experience. Now even the thought of losing her hurts me so much that I would shed a tear.

One thing for sure is there had been increase in regards to buang anak cases and abortion cases. Will harsh sentence in terms of law help the decrease? I don’t think so. Just take a look at our drug trafficking sentence which is many times harsher and scarier but yet it still happens.

We need to find the root cause for the problem. From my opinion, it may be due to social pressure which caused it. These parents do not want to be the laughing stock of the public where some auntie on the streets will look at them and pointing their fingers to them and say all kinds of words.

Another cause of the problem might also be due to religion. I had been observing some people who laugh at people who skipped fasting during the fasting months. You see I don’t see the problem of the person who skipped fasting because he/she is working in an environment which hinders him/her from fasting. Example labourer, chef or iron casting industry. If they do not eat, they will die… seriously. By the way, what happens if they don’t fast? If the person don’t feel like fasting, the sin will be on them not you. Why bother and laugh at people? My point is, if someone decided to give birth without any marriage, so be it. If you laugh at them, you are enticing them to do a bigger sin such as buang anak or abortion.

Other reason which I could think of is financial problem. Parents might be too poor to sustain the life of their baby. Therefore I support the government’s move to allow parents to put their baby in those shelters. I am sure someone will be willing to adopt them or even if they are not adopted, these babies could contribute or payback their debts to the shelter by working and support the shelter which they grew up in. Of course parent’s details should be confidential to avoid future problems

The best way is always be responsible. Every action will have a chain of reactions. Anyway I do not have any authority to comment on the topic. I just felt that its wrong to do so and so just wanna blog about it. Please do not feel offended about what I say. Just some comment.

0 comments:

Back to Top