12

Conned by Wescourt twice on delivery. Very bad experience

It all began last Saturday 12th Sept 2009 when this particular company conned me for the first time. I bought one bedroom set which consist of a bed, a wardrobe, a dressing table and a side table. On the 9th we requested through telephone to ask for a delivery on 12th regardless of the time. Then on the tenth, my wife followed up and then the delivery is confirmed

On the 11th night, my wife and I started to remove all our clothes from our existing wardrobe and on the 12th morning, we started waiting because they have not confirmed a time. At about 11am, we called and this is our conversation.

Us: Hello Zhong, This is Kenny. What time will our furniture arrived?
Zhong: Kenny… oh There will be no delivery today. We tried to call to confirm but there was some problem
Us: What problem? I thought we confirmed that there will be a delivery today?
Zhong: Yesterday I called and an uncle picked up the phone. When I asked about Kenny, he mentioned that Kenny? Kenny went to London already. That uncle sounds like a person who can only speak English and Hokkien.
Us: Huh?! Impossible. We are the one holding the phone. Impossible someone else answer
Zhong: But it’s the fact
Us: Ok I don’t care who answered the phone but I need delivery to be done today
Zhong: Ok I will arrange for you. Call you back before 3pm

At 4pm Zhong did not call back and I called back

Us: Hello Zhong, I thought you are supposed to call back?
Zhong: oh, the delivery wasn`t able to be arranged
Us: Huh, still you need to tell me right?
Zhong: …
Us: ok now what can I do? When is the earliest for delivery? Now that it came to this situation, I would like you to delivery on weekdays after 6 can this be done?
Zhong: Wednesday is the soonest
Us: I want it on Tuesday
Zhong: I need to arrange but I will call to confirm with you
Us: Ok but make sure you call me. Now its Chinese calendar july so there are lots of ghost
Zhong: Yup…

Later…
Zhong: Hello Kenny. Delivery confirmed on Tusday after 6. My HQ will call to confirm again
Us: ok Thanks

14th morning.

Girl: Hello is this xxx xxxx Yeong? I am from westcourt and would like to confirm your delivery of a bedroom set on Tuesday. The delivery will be on the morning 10am.
Me: Huh?!?!? Hello, the delivery is supposed to be evening after six. I am working so no one will be there to collect the delivery
Girl: But you place is in Klang so you are the first place to go. Our office is in Sg buloh. So you must collect earlier
Me: You don’t understand what I said earlier? I am working. Even if you send no one will be there to collect. How are you going to deliver?
Girl: oh ok, I will call you back.

14th night 8pm
Girl: Mr Lee your delivery will be between 4pm to 6pm tomorrow. Is it ok?
Me: Hey don’t you understand? I am working. We can only collect after 6pm.
Girl: Ya I know, although I put it as 4pm but we will usually be late. Don’t worry, we will call you before coming
Me: Even if you called, and I am not home, who is going to deliver?
Girl: its ok. It will arrive after 6pm
Me: ok

Finally the time had arrived. Since my wife could slack off work, she waited at home at 4pm and called Zhong to tell him that delivery could be done anytime now. Zhong’s answer is “he is on the way”

At 5pm, my wife called again and the answer is “the lorry is already at klang and will reach you soon after he is done with one delivery”

At 5:30 pm my wife called again and the answer is “ The lorry driver ask not to hurry him because he is also working now”

6.15 pm I called and he said “he is reaching you and will give you a call before coming”. I asked to give a time and Zhong said “7.15pm”

I reached home at 7.30pm and went to take my dinner. At 8pm, I called and this is our conversation
Me: Hello Zhong, you told my wife on the way since 4pm. With 4 hours you can reach penang already
Zhong: He have not arrived? Well I will have to kill him. I will call you back in 5 minutes

10 minutes later I called back at least 5 time but no answer. Then later someone else called me

Guy: Hello I would like to make a delivery to you and may I know where is your house?
Me: oh ok I am waiting for you. What time can you arrive?
Guy: about 8.30pm. I am now in Shah Alam
Me: ok which way are you coming?
Guy: Kesas
Me: explained the route…

At 8.30pm I called back the driver
Me: Where are you now?
Guy: near the police station which is beside the bomba
Me: I thought you are coming from Kesas?
Guy: oh we decided to use federal instead
Me: ok

I told my wife they are reaching and we waited downstairs. 20 minutes later they arrived and we are very happy. There is nothing but smiles on my face then soon my wife noticed something… the set is all brown and we ordered all white.

Immediately I called Zhong on his mobile but he never pick up. I called at least more than 10 times. I rejected all the delivery and asked them to take all back except a mattress since its ok.

After that, my wife and I went straight to Westcourt Bukit tinggi and reason with Zhong. After making tons of noises there, Zhong decided to replace our set and the delivery will be made after Raya

During our reasoning, Zhong even tested us if we are lying. He let us choose the colours and asked which colour of white is it? One if the white is just launched recently so it’s a trap. Luckily I still remember the colour or else he might say we are lying.

Now I am still for a confirm delivery date of my actual bedroom set. Anyway I am running out of time since my wedding is just 2 weeks away.

If you guy did but furniture from the above mentioned shop, do remember to check all the invoices and everything. The important thing is to follow up and remember what you said with them and also what they said to you. Take my experience and advice. It always better safe than sorry

Don’t be like me now my floor is my wardrobe and my bed. Luckily I did not remove my mattress. All my things are on the floor. My baby’s bed is also my wardrobe and my laundry basket is used to keep my other stuffs. My knapsack is used to keep Chermaine’s hanky and also my bed sheets. Chermaine’s bath tub is used to keep my stuffs too. It’s really a pain at the eye to see such pathetic bedroom. Damn I am angry!

12 comments:

Di Best said...

Go complain to the consumer association and get some compensation from Wescourt. Also write to the newspapers - you can send your blog post to all major newspapers. And copy to their competitors who will surely help you publicise the story.

mk said...

I believe they are cheating people every where,I experience the similar problem and my order is yet to received, its one month already.
The name "WESCOURT" sound so western and I thought their service is as good as in the west but it goes the other way round. I will lodge a police report soon.
Main while we need to let the entire Malaysia know about this CON company.

Mr Amry said...

Wescourt sucks!! I also ordered bedroom set from this shitty company at Sg Buloh.. and faced problem exactly like yours. They keep delaying delivery although one day before the delivery date, somebody from their HQ called me to confirm the delivery.

After a lots of call only then they managed to deliver the bedroom set BUT..since they are a useless n brainless company without integrity whatsoever, they delivered a wrong type of matress to me..they promised to deliver the correct item after CNY..

wescourt=LOOSER!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I bought a sofa set (very cheap) from Westcourt Selayang recently and it was delivered a day later than promised. What so upseting was, it was a wrong fabric, I wanted a plain black and they delivered a flowery one. The lorry driver asked to to accept first and they will change later. I refused to. Now, 3 weeks already, there is no sign of delivery, I had call the shop twice, each time answered by the Pakistani/Bangla workers. I googled and was shocked to read so many complaints in the internet. I paid full amount!! How stupid... I am so anxious now.

Anonymous said...

i am zhong here.....very sorry.kenny

Anonymous said...

i am zhong so sorry....

Kenny said...

Dear Zhong, as you can see its been quite sometime since i bought and i had never called after that. You know why? i rather fix the problem myself

From my post you could see many unsatisfied customers of your company.

The dressing table, mirror slipped many times. I bought a tube of glue and fixed it. Never slip ever since. i think i could be a better carpenter

As for the bed, Its very strong on the outside but its very weak on the inside. I`ve fixed it more than 15 times and now its filled with scar.

Zhong i have nothing against you as i know u are an employee. theres nothing that u could do. Its the company's policies. =)

Anonymous said...

I just ordered a sofa set & mattress from this shop on 08/08/2010, now looking forward to the story that they will tell me on my delivery date 14/08/2010.

They already called me the next day upon order, that the fabric chosen for sofa set is not available and changed to another colour.

Let's see what will happen then...

WENDY2335 said...

HEY KENNY,I WENDY......I LAST TWO WEEKS JUST BUY FURNITURE FROM WESCOURT...LUCKY,I GET ALL BED ROOM SET , SOFA , MATTRESS ON 18.09.2010.......ALL NEW AND IN GOOD CONDITION.TQ

taufique said...

reading all of your comments above has given me a scare. I've ordered a bedroom set and a mattress from Wescourt in selayang. So far, they've been nice towards me, uptil now i haven't had a problem. I just called them a while ago to get the items ready, and i do hope there isnt an issue, but reading all the above is worrysome.

TheBubblyMe said...

Hi...

I'm facing the same problem. they delaying our delivery... then asking me to be home at 5. i've already told them nobody at home. they said the lorry wont be available after 5pm. then..that idiot called my husband 'setan' because my husband refuse to forgive him for delaying our delivery. now we're cancelling our order... have to wait for 2 weeks to get our deposit refund. sigh.

Anonymous said...

Hi BubblyMe, did you manage to get your deposit refund after 2 weeks?

I cancelled my order too because the bangla staff called and said it was discontinued. They asked me to change item and I refused.

Did they ask you to submit photocopy of IC? Reading above comments, I don't trust this con shop and I am worry if my IC is misused. Please let me know the procedure for refund? Thanks!

P/S: After 2 years, it seems many people are still falling to this con shop!!!!

Back to Top