0

Public speaking in Sunway Pyramid

It is Sunday, 28th June 2010. Kenny Lee (Which means me) were required to conduct a public speaking at EXPO kesedaran Franchise. It was a surprise to me because my company got to know that we were required to perform something at the Expo only about 1.5 week in advance.

Immediately, a team of employees were put into a room to brainstorm about the sketch and 2 dudes were selected by the bosses to conduct a quiz as performance. Our objective was a very difficult one. To conduct a performance which could pull people’s attention, make people understand our franchise program and do not involve much cost.

WOW! It was a miracle that we manage to go through the talk. My pal and I only rehearsed not more than 1 hour and we have to be on stage for 30 minutes.

It was kind of scary at first because when it was about our turn, there were no more than 10 audiences. The question is… WHAT CAN I DO TO PULL THE CROWD! The moment truth is here. The Emcee announced our company name. I was the first to go in. From the stage I could see no more than 10 pax looking up to me.

In order to make this a success I need more audiences. I am now totally lacking of attention and so I shouted to everyone in the mall. “For you guys who could hear my voice but could no see me, come over to the concourse area and I shall give you some prize”. With that, more people came and I am now more at ease.

I was some great time talking and playing up on the stage though I thought I look like an idiot. Hahaha. My manager commented that it was a great show and I really hope its true because I do not want look like an idiot.

NOW, I have some new thing to add to my experience. Talk show at public locations. Maybe I should venture to the entertainment industry. Lol. But anyway, I really think I did a good job because at the end of the talk, we have close to 50 people looking towards the stage. From the top I could see everyone’s eyesight was towards me. Besides that I also manage to ask a family from the 2nd floor to join the game. It was fun

Anyway, It was also a tiring day yesterday. It’s a good thing that when I got home at about 9pm, both my wife and daughter were not asleep. Since they are awake, I got to play and chat with them. It’s something like an energy recharge for me. I am glad I have them by my side.

0 comments:

Back to Top